- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Ratings: Ospina & Gabriel Impress As Arsenal Beat Everton 2-0
Arsenal bounced back from our midweek disappointment to beat Everton 2-0 at the Emirates this afternoon thanks to goals from Olivier Giroud and Tomas Rosicky. Here are my ratings from the game:
Ospina 8/10 – Fair play to him. I’m not Ospina’s biggest fan but he was very good today. He made two excellent stops to deny Lukaku and kept out an awkward shot from Lennon.
Bellerin 7/10 – Put in a couple of excellent crosses and was solid at the back. Showed his electric pace at times.
Gabriel 7.5/10 – Mistake let Lukaku in early on but then settled into the game. Made a superb tackle to deny the Belgian late on in first half when score was 0-0 and made a couple of other well timed challenges in the second half.
Koscielny 7/10 – Solid enough. Given a few problems by Lukaku but Kos held firm. Booked for a late tackle on Lennon.
Gibbs 6.5/10 – Far less adventurous than Wednesday and rightfully so. No real problems at the back.
Coquelin 7.5/10 – Very good display. Made 6 successful tackles throughout the game and carried on with what looked like a broken nose until he was eventually forced off late on.
Cazorla 7.5/10 – Back to something like his best after a poor display in midweek. Everything went through him in the middle of the park and his work rate was excellent.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 6/10 – Fairly lively early on but faded as the match went on. Didn’t get on the ball enough after the break.
Ozil 7/10 – Lovely corner to set up the opener. Far too casual a finish when put through with 10 minutes to go but grabbed his second assist with a fine ball for Rosicky. Quiet for long periods but effective.
Alexis 6/10 – A quiet game from Sanchez. He was in and out the game but just wasn’t his day overall.
Giroud 7/10 – Missed a glorious header from close range midway through the first half but made amends with a fine right-footed finish to make it 1-0. Should have added another late on but missed another simple header. Hopefully the goal will do him good after Wednesday’s horror show.
Rosicky 7/10 – Sealed the three points with a deflected effort.
We certainly weren’t at our best but we improved after the first goal went in. Back up to third and now just four points off second placed Man City.