- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
Wenger Reveals Double Injury Boost As Duo Set For Arsenal Return
Arsene Wenger has revealed a double injury boost with Aaron Ramsey and Mathieu Flamini set to return to full team training.
Ramsey has been out for three weeks after suffering a hamstring strain during our 2-1 victory over Leicester City at the Emirates.
However, the boss has confirmed that the midfielder is now back in full training either today or tomorrow.
Flamini has also been on the sidelines with a hamstring injury that he picked up against Middlesbrough in the FA Cup but he too is on the verge of a return to action.
It’s unlikely either player will be in contention to face Everton on Sunday but they could be pushing for a recall for Wednesday’s trip to take on QPR at Loftus Road.
It will be a welcome relief to have Ramsey available again after the news we brought you earlier of Wilshere being sidelined again.
Jack had to have surgery to remove two buttons from his ankle and although it’s believed to be a minor set-back that should only keep him out for a short time, it will be good to have Ramsey back as it gives Arsene another option in midfield.
Here’s what the boss told Arsenal.com:
on Aaron Ramsey and Mathieu Flamini…
They come back into normal training today and tomorrow. They are nearly there, not completely there. From Wednesday night I don’t think we have lost anybody. We have no major problems.
on Jack Wilshere…
Jack Wilshere had a little surgery to take his two buttons off his ankle because they were irritating him but it’s a very minor procedure. He’ll be out for a few days.
on it just removing discomfort…
Yes. It was irritating his ankle and they had to take it off.
on whether it’s another setback for Jack…
No, it was planned to be done at the end of the season. But because he had an irritation with it, we decided to do it now. It’s a few days.
on whether he’ll be available next weekend…
Next weekend will be a bit quick. I don’t know exactly. It’s days, not weeks.