- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger Confirms Wilshere Has Undergone Minor Surgery
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Jack Wilshere has undergone minor surgery to relieve discomfort in his troublesome ankle.
Wilshere was sidelined for almost three months after going under the knife back in late November after damaging ankle ligaments against Manchester United.
He returned ahead of schedule and was named as an unused substitute for last weeks 2-1 win over Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.
However, he was then ‘rested’ for our midweek defeat to Monaco and now Arsene has revealed the truth behind his exclusion from the squad.
Speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of Sunday’s clash with Everton, the boss confirmed that Jack has in fact undergone a minor procedure to remove two buttons that were causing him discomfort in his ankle.
Thankfully, the midfielder is only expected to miss days not weeks – although we’ve heard that one before!
This latest minor set-back will see Wilshere miss Sunday’s Everton game and I assume he’ll also sit out Wednesday’s trip to Loftus Road to face QPR, but hopefully he’ll be back to face Manchester United in the FA Cup next Monday.
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) February 27, 2015
At Colney. Wenger confirms Wilshere had minor surgery on his ankle to remove "two buttons". Says he is out for a few days.
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) February 27, 2015