- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Ospina & Mertesacker Out: My Arsenal Starting XI To Face Everton
Arsenal will look to put Wednesday’s disappointment behind them when we welcome Everton to the Emirates on Sunday. This is the side I’d like to see picked for the game….
Once again, I’m going to call for Szczesny to be restored in goal. I think Ospina should have done better for all three goals in midweek and he once again proved to me that he’s not an upgrade on Szczesny. Will Arsene make the call? I doubt it.
The defence was a shambles on Wednesday and I would certainly make changes. Mertesacker had a nightmare so Gabriel should come in to make his second start since joining in January.
Bellerin showed his nativity after being caught too far up the field on several occasions against Monaco so I’d bring Chambers in and instruct him to defend first, attack later.
Gibbs was also culpable in midweek but we need one of our full-backs to offer something going forward, not both, so with Chambers and Gibbs I think we have a better balance.
Wilshere has had yet another ‘minor’ set back so is unavailable. Ramsey is back in training but I doubt he’ll be in contention just yet and with Arteta also still out, we don’t have too many options to mix things up in the centre of midfield.
Cazorla and Ozil were both poor in midweek but I’d give them another chance at home to Everton. The Ox would be my choice if Arsene wants to change things but I think he showed against Monaco that he’s not ready for a regular central role just yet.
Waclott’s been unfortunate not to start more in recent weeks and I think it’s because the boss is worried about a lack of protection to Bellerin at right-back. With Chambers starting in my team, I think it makes it easier to give Theo a start in front of him.
Giroud was the biggest disappointment on Wednesday and I think he’s going to be feeling sorry for himself after his horror show. We can not afford to have our striker missing that many chances at the highest level so I’d start Welbeck up front with Sanchez on the left.
This is the side I’d like to see play. We still look a little open in midfield but without Ramsey or Wilshere available, we have little choice but to stick with Cazorla and Ozil, and to be fair, they’ve both been playing well until Wednesday.
In reality, I expect Arsene to go with Ospina, Monreal and probably Giroud. Either way, nothing but three points will do on Sunday…