- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsene Wenger Confirms Star Will Miss Monaco Clash
Arsene Wenger has revealed that Jack Wilshere is unlikely to take part against Monaco on Wednesday night, but thankfully the midfielder hasn’t suffered any set-back.
Wilshere has only just returned from a three month lay off after having ankle surgery following a nasty tackle from Man Utd’s Paddy McNair back in November.
The 23-year-old was named in the squad for Saturday’s 2-1 win at Crystal Palace and although he didn’t get any minutes under his belt, he was expected to be in contention to play tomorrow night.
However, the boss confirmed at his press conference earlier today that Wilshere sat out training today so is unlikely to feature against Monaco, but insists there has been no set-back and Jack will ‘certainly’ be involved against Everton on Sunday.
Arsene hasn’t given any reason why Wilshere was rested for training today but it’s a relief to hear he hasn’t suffered any set-back as it would have been a disaster if he had.
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) February 24, 2015
At Colney. Wenger says Wilshere "rested" today. Not a setback. "Tomorrow, I don't think he will be involved, at the weekend, certainly."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) February 24, 2015