- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Ratings: How The Arsenal Players Rated During 2-1 Win Over Palace
Arsenal secured a hard fought 2-1 victory over Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park this afternoon to move up to third in the Premier League table.
Here are my ratings:
Ospina 6.5 - Smart save to deny Bolasie late on and made a couple of other routine stops, but lucky to get away with a moment of madness when he came flying out to head clear from outside his box when Mertesacker had it covered.
Chambers 6.5 - A decent outing from the youngster but his lack of pace was a problem against Gayle at times.
Mertesacker 7.5 - Another good game from Per. His height and experience was important in dealing with the long balls late on.
Koscielny 7 - Like his defensive partner, Kos dealt well with the Palace pressure – although he may have done better for their goal.
Monreal 6 - Struggled against Zaha in the first half but improved after the break.
Coquelin 7 - A little fortunate not to be sent off but his energy and desire to break up play was important today.
Cazorla 7 - Tucked away the penalty and although this wasn’t really a game for silky skills due to a terrible pitch, Santi still produced a few moments of magic.
Welbeck 7.5 - Great work to win the early penalty and clever run and snap-shot led to the second goal. Important contributions from Welbz.
Ozil 7.5 - Lovely inter-change with Giroud in build up to the second goal. Superb play on the break set up Sanchez who almost made it 3-0.
Alexis 7 - Nice ball to release Welbeck in build up for second goal. Should have scored early in the second half to make it 3-0 but sent the ball just wide.
Giroud 7 - Continued his recent form with a poachers goal. Put himself about up front but his touch let him down a few times.
Rosicky 6 – Could have done better for their goal.
Gibbs 5 – Wasn’t involved too much during his 15 minutes.
Gabriel N/A – Only on for a couple of minutes.
This was a vital victory as we took full advantage of Man Utd losing and at least one of Southampton and Liverpool will also drop points tomorrow. It was a lucky win as we didn’t play well but who cares. Three points, up to third and we should go into the Monaco game with confidence.