- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal Eye Surprise Move For Spanish Hitman – Report
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is eyeing a shock swoop for Juventus striker Fernando Llorente this summer.
That’s according to the Metro, who claim that Wenger is ready to make his move for the Spanish international after seeing him struggle in Italy this campaign.
We were strongly linked with Llorente when he left Athletic Bilbao in 2013 but lost out when he opted for a switch to Turin and he enjoyed a successful debut season in Serie A, scoring 16 goals in his 34 appearances.
However, things have turned sour for the soon-to-be 30-year-old as he’s only managed 4 goals in 19 games so far this term and former Real Madrid striker – and long-term Arsenal target – Alvaro Morata has taken the spot light away from him in recent weeks.
The Metro claim that Llorente be allowed to leave this summer and suggest that Wenger is ready to offer him a fresh start in North London by offering to match his £63,000-a-week wages.
So what to make of this rumour?
I’d personally be shocked if there is any truth behind it. Llorente may have been a decent signing a couple of years ago when he was available on a free transfer but he’s really struggling this year and he wouldn’t offer anything that we don’t already get in Giroud.
If Arsene is to bring in another forward this summer, I think we’ll be looking for someone a lot different to Llorente and I can see us either going all-out and trying to sign a worldy like Cavani, or a hot prospect like Dybala.
Llorente to Arsenal this summer? I just don’t see it happening….