- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Ramsey Injury Update: Huge Boost For Arsenal
It appears Arsenal have received a major boost as reports today suggest Aaron Ramsey’s injury isn’t as bad as first feared.
Ramsey suffered his third hamstring injury of the season when he limped out of our 2-1 win over Leicester on Tuesday night.
Arsene Wenger admitted after the match that the injury didn’t look good and newspapers on Wednesday suggested the midfielder was set to be ruled out for at least four weeks.
However, he Daily Star claim today that the injury isn’t as bad as first feared and although Rambo is expected to sit out our next two games against Middlesbrough and Crystal Palace, he should return in time to take on Monaco in our Champions League last 16 first leg tie.
If this news is accurate then it will be a major relief. Ramsey may not have hit the heights of last season just yet but his energy and work rate is still important in midfield and he’s not going to regain his best form sitting on the treatment table.
However, I’m not going to get too excited just yet as it seems odd that the Daily Star – who haven’t got the best reputation – are the only media outlet claiming the injury isn’t serious, while the likes of the Telegraph and Guardian suggest Rambo will miss at least a month.
We’ll have to await further news from the club and hope that the Star have got this one right….