- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
Arsenal Preparing Offer For €33.6m Midfielder – Report
The transfer window may have only recently closed but the newspapers are still linking Arsenal with players all over Europe ahead of the summer and today it’s the turn of Lyon midfielder Nabil Fekir.
The Metro are claiming that Arsene Wenger has had the 21-year-old watched on several occasions this year and is preparing to make a formal offer at the end of the season.
Lyon are desperate to hang on to the French under-21 star and president Jean-Michel Aulas has promised supporters they won’t sell their best players as they prepare to move in to a new 60,000-seater stadium this summer.
However, with with construction costs of around €250m still outstanding, the French outfit may be persuaded to cash-in on the likes of Fekir and the newspaper suggests Arsenal could be prepared to pay up to €33.6m (£25m) for his signature.
Fekir is predominantly an attacking midfielder but is also capable of playing up front and he’s been in excellent form this year for Lyon, scoring 8 goals in 16 Ligue 1 games so far.
Predictably, he’s also attracting interest from Paris Saint-Germain with Laurent Blanc also understood to be keen on landing the French prospect this summer.
However, the good news for Arsenal is that if Lyon do decide the sell, they would prefer not to do business with a domestic rival, so we’ll be well positioned to beat PSG to Fekir’s signature.
The youngster does seem like an exciting talent but this report sounds like idle speculation to me so I’d be hugely surprised if Arsene was ready to splash around £25m on him this summer.
You never know with the boss, but I think we’ll be targetting one or two more established names this summer rather than expensive up-and-coming players like Fekir.