- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Blow As Wenger Confirms Injury Set Back + Wilshere Latest
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be out for a further two weeks but Jack Wilshere is back in full training.
The Ox has been plagued by a niggling groin injury in recent weeks and hasn’t featured since aggravating the problem during our 2-0 win over Manchester City last month.
It was initially only meant to be a minor injury but his comeback has been put back twice already and now Arsene has confirmed at his pre-match press conference ahead of tomorrow’s clash with Leicester that the midfielder will be out for at least another two weeks.
It means The Ox will now miss upcoming games against Leicester, Middlesbrough and Crystal Palace while he’ll be in a race against time to play in our Champions League last 16 first leg against Monaco on the 25th.
The boss also confirmed that Jack Wilshere is back in full training but says he’ll be monitored on a daily basis and they haven’t set a comeback date for him just yet.
Arsene has always maintained that Jack was likely to be playing again by the end of February and he’s on course to meet that target. There’s a chance he may feature against Palace on the 21st as he’d have got two full weeks training under his belt. Failing that, he could make his return against Monaco or Everton.
The other good news to come from today’s press conference is that Alexis Sanchez is fit again and available to face Leicester tomorrow, but Mathieu Debuchy and Mikel Arteta are still some way off regaining full fitness.
The boss told Arsenal.com:
on the latest team news…
Alexis will be back in the group and we don’t have any injuries from Saturday. Everybody else looked fine yesterday.
on Jack Wilshere…
He’s back in full training this week. I don’t know exactly [how long until he returns], we have to monitor him on a daily basis and see how he develops.
on Arteta, Debuchy and Oxlade-Chamberlain…
They are still [a while] away. Oxlade-Chamberlain is about two weeks.