- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
Arsenal Keen On €54m-Rated Italian International – Report
According to reports, Arsenal are keen on signing Italian international Marco Verratti this summer but have been told by Paris Saint-Germain that it will cost €54m (£40m) to land the midfielder.
Verratti is widely regarded as one of the best young players in European football and has the potential to go on to become one of the worlds best all-round midfielders.
Arsene Wenger is a known admirer of the 22-year-old’s and we’ve been strongly linked with a move in past transfer windows.
The Express claim that the boss is ready to renew his interest at the end of the season as he wants to strengthen his midfield options this summer.
However, the paper suggests that PSG have made it clear it would take an offer in the region of €54m (£40m) to persuade them to sell.
The French champions are apparently concerned about UEFA’s Financial Fair Play regulations so have slapped a huge price-tag on Verratti’s head to not only warn off Arsenal, but also ensure that if he does leave, it will be for a vast sum which will help them with FFP.
As much of a talent as Verratti is, there’s virtually no chance Arsene will agree to pay that kind of money for him, so if this report is anywhere near accurate, then we might as well end our interest now and move on to other targets.