- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Team News Round-Up: Wenger On Sanchez, Welbeck, The Ox & Wilshere
It’s been a busy day of team and injury news so here’s a round-up from Arsene Wenger’s update that he gave Arsenal.com earlier on Thursday ahead of the Tottenham game.
The big news is that Alexis Sanchez has been ruled out of Saturday’s clash as he’s still nursing a hamstring injury, although Arsene hopes he’ll be back to face Leicester on Tuesday.
There was some good news as Danny Welbeck is back in the squad to face Spurs after finally recovering from a thigh injury that’s kept him out since Boxing Day.
Jack Wilshere is also closing in on making his comeback with the midfielder due to return to full training on Sunday, but obviously he won’t be playing any part against Tottenham this weekend.
Jack will join Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain on the sidelines as he’s also been ruled out of the trip to White Hart Lane with a groin injury. The Ox is back in light training though so hopefully he should return to the squad soon.
The final update from Arsene confirmed that Serge Gnabry is due to step up his comeback by playing for the Under-21s against Newcastle on Monday night.
Serge will be joined by January signing Krystian Bielik, who will make his first appearance for Arsenal for the Under-21s following his move last month.
Here’s what Arsene told Arsenal.com today:
The latest is that Alexis is not ready. He is not far away, the Leicester game is a possibility. He is of course very difficult to keep quiet! He is training but it’s light training.
on the team news…
Welbeck is back in the group. Apart from that we have the same squad available as last week.
on Jack Wilshere…
Jack is back in full training next week, hopefully from Sunday.
on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain…
Alex is still out, but he is starting to practice again, not full training.
on Serge Gnabry…
Serge will play on Monday night at Newcastle, with Bielik. Bielik is coming along very well.
It’s obviously a huge blow to lose Alexis for such an important game but hopefully we’ll still have enough in attack to cause Tottenham problems. Ozil and Walcott are fit again and Cazorla has been playing out of his skin recently, so I’m sure we’ll still do some damage on Saturday.