- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Striker Agrees Four-And-A-Half Year Contract With Arsenal
We may not have made any new signings on transfer deadline day but it seems we have secured the next best thing with reports claiming that Chuba Akpom has agreed a new deal with Arsenal.
The 19-year-old’s current contract expires at the end of the season and the likes of Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton, Man City, Borussia Dortmund, Red Bull Salzburg, Feyenoord and FC Twente have all been credited with interest in recent weeks.
Arsene Wenger has been desperately trying to convince the young hitman to commit his future to Arsenal and has been giving him a taste of the first team recently to try and persuade him he’s part of his long-term plans.
It seems to have worked a treat as the Mirror claim that Akpom and now agreed terms over a new four-and-a-half year extension after Arsene handed him a deal which is the most lucrative ever given to a player of his age and experience at Arsenal.
Fingers crossed this report is true as Akpom looks like he has a promising future ahead of him and he has all the attributes to be a top player for us.
It’s not easy for a young striker to get regular action at a big club like Arsenal and he’ll be competing against the likes of Sanchez, Giroud and Welbeck but hopefully he can take his chance when he does play.