- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Ready To Offer Attacker ‘Lucrative 5-Year Contract’
According to reports today, Arsenal are ready to try and secure Theo Walcott’s long-term future by offering him a new lucrative five-year contract extension.
Walcott has just under 18 months left to run on his existing deal and the club are desperate to avoid him entering the final 12 months – as he did three years ago.
Therefore, the Mirror claim that we’ll sit down with the player and his representatives later this month and offer him a new five-year deal.
The newspaper doesn’t disclose the precise weekly wage we’re prepared to offer but they do state that Theo will become one of the squad’S highest earners.
Arsene Wenger sees the 25-year-old as a vital part of his side and it’s understood the club are confident the deal could be signed before the end of March.
Walcott has only recently returned to action after over a year out with a knee injury and he’s already shown what we’ve been missing after scoring two goals in two games.
For me, Theo is one of the most important players in the squad so I hope we can agree fresh terms quickly and get him tied down to a new deal ASAP.