- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal ‘Ready To Move’ For €25m German Super Star – Reports
According to the Telegraph, Arsenal are ‘ready to move’ for Borussia Dortmund attacker Marco Reus after Bayern Munich pulled out of the race for his signature.
Reus is one of the most sought after players in world football, mainly due to the fact he has a €25m (£20m) buy-out clause in his contract and that kind of money is an absolute bargain for a player of his quality.
Understandably, most top clubs in Europe have been linked but many assumed Reus may follow former Dortmund team-mates Robert Lewandowski and Mario Gotze in heading to Bayern.
However, the Telegraph quote German newspaper Bild, who claim that Bayern have ended their interest in the 25-year-old with Pep Guardiola apparently turning his attention to other targets.
Man Utd and Real Madrid have also been linked, but Bild suggest that it’s Arsenal who are now the most likely destination and we are ready to make our move ahead of a summer deal.
Arsene Wenger has publicly admitted he’s a huge fan of Rues in the past and there were rumours we had a deal agreed in principal to sign the German attacker last summer before he got injured. So I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if we did renew our interest this coming summer and it would be a huge boost if Bayern are out the running.
With Lukas Podolski expected to leave on a permanent basis at the end of the season and doubts still hanging over the long-term future of Joel Campbell, we may have a spot free on the left side of our attack and I’d love to see Reus fill it.
There’s still a long way to go before that happens, but what a signing he’d be. Reus, Ozil, Sanchez, Walcott, Cazorla….what an attack we’d have!