- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
DONE DEAL: Photos Of Gabriel In His Arsenal Shirt After €15m Move
It’s finally been confirmed. After what seems like forever, Arsenal have announced on Arsenal.com that we’ve signed Gabriel Paulista from Villarreal.
The defender has signed a long-term contract and has been granted a work permit, so once the club completes the necessary paper work, he’ll be available to face Aston Villa this weekend.
The club haven’t revealed the fee, but it’s widely reported to be €15m £11.2m, with Joel Campbell heading to Villarreal on loan as part of the deal.
Arsenal have also confirmed that Joel signed a new contract extension before he left, so it looks like he could be part of the clubs long-term plans. Or we’re just protecting our investment in case of a sale in the summer.
Interestingly, Arsenal made a point of noting in their announcement that Gabriel can play at right-back and left-back as well as in the middle of defence, so perhaps Arsene plans to use him as a replacement for Debuchy while he’s injured?
Anyway, welcome to the club Gabriel. Here are some photos of our latest signing in the famous Red & White: