- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
Wenger: Arsenal’s Second Signing Will Be Completed On Monday
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that a deal to sign Gabriel Paulista from Villarreal should be completed on Monday.
Villarreal announced on Twitter last night that a deal has been agreed in principle and we saw pictures of Gabriel saying his goodbyes to the fans and team-mates.
Now, Arsene has had his say on the matter and confirmed that a deal is ‘very, very close’ and he’s confident it will get over the line on Monday.
Speaking to reporters after our 3-2 win over Brighton on Sunday evening, when asked about reports suggesting we’re signing Gabriel, Wenger said:
“They are accurate, it’s very very very close. It should be done I think tomorrow.”
“[He is] a player who’s 24 years old, good size, good pace and a good defender. He plays for only one year in Europe so maybe there are some things to work on but the potential is there.”
The main stumbling block over any deal has been gaining a work permit, as Gabriel hasn’t played for Brazil at senior level yet.
However, it appears that issue has already been solved as when asked about getting a work permit, Wenger went on to say;
“We will be alright on that front.”
So there you have it Gooners, Gabriel is almost an Arsenal player. He’s due to arrive in London first thing Monday morning to undergo his medical and as long as everything goes smoothly, I’d expect an announcement in late afternoon.