- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal Agree £13.4m Deal, Player Flying In For Medical – Report
Another update on the situation regarding Gabriel Paulsita with reports today claiming that we’ve agreed a £13.4m fee and the centre-back will fly in to London to complete the move on Monday.
As we reported yesterday, Gabriel was left out of the Villarreal squad for tonight’s clash with Levante as Arsenal continued to thrash out a deal with the La Liga outfit after days of negotiations.
However, it seems those talks have now been concluded as reports emanating from Spain claim that we’ve finally agreed a fee worth £13.4m and Gabriel will fly over to England on Monday to undergo his medical.
As long as that goes smoothly, the 24-year-old will sign a reported four-year contract which will include a clause stating that we can cancel the deal IF we fail to get a work permit.
Arsenal are apparently confident of winning an appeal if it comes to that, despite Gabriel failing to earn a single cap for Brazil, but we’ll have to see how this all plays out next week.
So it looks like our second big signing is close. Fingers crossed we can secure a permit and we’ll finally have some depth at centre-back….