- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
Gabriel Left Out Of Villarreal Squad To Complete Arsenal Move
Arsenal are on the brink of sealing their second signing of the January transfer window after Gabriel Paulista was left out of Villarreal’s squad for Saturday’s clash with Levante in order to complete his move to the Emirates.
Arsene Wenger confirmed on Thursday that we’re deep in talks with the La Liga club over the £15m-rated centre-back and said he was hopeful of getting a deal agreed soon.
Reports suggest that the players agent flew over to London yesterday to hold further talks with the club and try and help secure a work permit – which remains the big sticking point as he’s yet to earn a cap for Brazil.
Now, it’s emerged that Gabriel has been left out of the Villarreal squad for Saturday’s home clash with Levante, and widespread reports claim he’s due to arrive in England on Monday to wrap up a move to the Emirates.
There are rumours circulating that any deal we agree will include a clause that will enable us to cancel the deal should we fail to get a work permit.
So it’s getting closer Gooners. I’m sure we’ll hear more news over the weekend so we’ll bring you further updates when we get them….