- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsene Wenger Lets Slip That Big-Money Deal Is ‘Virtually Done’
Another update on our move for Gabriel Paulista today as Arsene Wenger has let slip that the deal is now ‘virtually done’.
The boss confirmed at his press conference on Thursday that we were deep in talks with Villarreal and he was prepared to pay the players £15m buy-out fee.
Arsene then held a Q&A with members of Arsenal’s Diamond Club on Thursday evening where it’s reported he let slip that the deal for Gabriel was now ‘virtually done’ before quickly back tracking after realising he’d given too much away.
Like many fans, I said after his press conference yesterday that we must be pretty confident of landing the player for Arsene to speak so openly about it all, so it comes as no surprise to hear that the deal is nearly done.
As Arsene alluded to at his press conference, I don’t think price was ever the real issue here, it was gaining a work permit as Gabriel does not automatically qualify for one due to him not being a full Brazilian international yet.
It’s reported that Arsenal and the players agent have been busy trying to secure an ‘exceptional talent’ visa over the past few days and the club must be confident it will be granted.
Let’s see what the coming hours and days bring but I think it’s safe to say Gabriel is almost certainly going to become our second signing of the window….
Arsene doing Diamond Club Q&A now has just said that Paulista deal virtually done, then tried to backtrack after giving too much away
— Darren (@DarrenArsenal1) January 22, 2015