- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Table €5m Offer For Dortmund Star Kevin Großkreutz – Report
According to reports in Italy, Arsenal have tabled a €5m bid for Borussia Dortmund star Kevin Großkreutz.
The versatile German international has been with Dortmund since joining the club in 2009 and has been a regular in Jurgen Klopps side in recent years.
He’s predominantly been used as a right-back but is also capable of playing a variety of roles including left-wing and central midfield, so he’d certainly be a useful player to have in the squad.
And there could be a chance of ti happening as Italian outlet calciomercato.it are reporting today Arsenal have tabled a €5m bid for the 26-year-old.
However, that offer has been knocked back as it’s thought that Dortmund value Großkreutz at nearer €12m but could be persuaded to cash-in at around €10m.
The report claims that we could increase our offer to nearer €6.5m, but that’s still some way short of what it will take to get a deal agreed so at this stage a move seems unlikely.
But I’d love to see Großkreutz come to the club and feel he’s easily worth €10m in today’s market. The fact Debuchy is out again means we’d have an experienced deputy and he’d even be able to play left-wing if needed – which is an area we could be lacking depth in with Lukas Podolski gone and Joel Campbell expected to follow.
So I hope Arsene comes to his senses and meets Dortmund’s asking price as Großkreutz would be an excellent addition.