- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Wenger Confirms Duo Will Start vs Brighton, Akpom Could Also Feature
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Theo Walcott and Mesut Ozil will start against Brighton & Hove Albion on Sunday while Chuba Akpom could also make a rare start.
The boss conduced a question and answer session at the clubs Diamond Club event on Thursday evening and well known Arsenal fan Darren (@DarrenArsenal1) was in attendance to keep us up to date on any interesting insights.
It seems the boss was quizzed about Theo and Mesut’s possible inclusion on Sunday as Darren tweeted that Arsene has confirmed the star duo will make their long-awaited returns to the starting eleven against the Championship hopefuls.
Walcott hasn’t started a game since returning from a year on the sidelines with a knee injury but after making a couple of cameo appearances from the bench, the attacker will now line-up from the start on Sunday.
Ozil has also yet to start a game since picking up a knee injury against Chelsea back in early October and having made his comeback from the bench against Stoke, the German will now also start against Brighton this weekend.
It’s going to be great to see the duo back in action and they’ll get some much-needed minutes under their belts. Theo in particular has looked a little rusty when he’s come on so hopefully he can dust some cobwebs off and really push for a regular place in the starting eleven again.
Arsene also revealed that young striker Chuba Akpom could start on Sunday. With Danny Welbeck injured, Yaya Sanogo and Lukas Podolski out on loan and Joel Campbell possibly set to follow, it seems prudent to protect Olivier Giroud and Alexis Sanchez, and that may see Akpom get a rare start.
I’d love to see the 19-year-old given the nod as he’s been doing well for the Under-21′s and deserves his chance. With his contract due to expire at the end of the season we’ve got to give him some first team action soon if we want to persuade him to commit to an extension.
Arsene says Ozil, Walcott to start Sunday. Possibly Akpom
— Darren (@DarrenArsenal1) January 22, 2015