- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal Transfer News: Defender Approach Knocked Back
Arsenal have rejected an approach from Athletic Bilbao for left-back Nacho Monreal, according to reports in Spain.
Monreal has been something of a regular in recent weeks with the Spaniard keeping Kieran Gibbs out the team while he was also a useful deputy in the middle of defence while Laurent Koscielny was out last month.
It seems he’s become an indispensable member of Arsene Wenger’s squad as Spanish outlet El Confidencial are claiming this evening that we’ve rejected an approach from Athletic Bilbao.
Apparently the La Liga club asked what our asking price was only to be told Monreal wasn’t for sale at any price.
Monreal is out of contract in 2016 so his long-term future will have to be decided in the summer but I certainly think it was the right decision not to sell this month.
There’s no way we can afford to lose another defender. We’re short as it is and need to bring at least one player in, not sell a versatile and reliable player like Nacho.