- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
Reports – £8m-Rated International ‘Forcing’ Arsenal Move
According to reports today, Winston Reid is agitating for a move to Arsenal and has made it clear to West Ham that he wants to leave should we make our interest official.
Arsene Wenger has confirmed he’s looking to bring in another defender this month after Mathieu Debuchy was ruled out for three months with a dislocated shoulder.
Reid has emerged as a top target in recent weeks with speculation suggesting that we were hoping to land him for around £4m due to the fact his contract runs out at the end of the season.
West Ham have admitted the New Zealand international will leave in the summer but have always insisted they wouldn’t cash-in this month as they are flying high in the Premier League.
However, that stance could be softening as Sam Allardyce left Reid out of his starting eleven for Sunday’s 3-0 win over Hull amid fears his head has been turned by talk of a move to Arsenal.
The Mirror are now reporting that Reid has made it clear to the Hammers that he wants to leave if we come in with an official offer as he doesn’t want to be denied his ‘dream’ move.
The newspaper state that West Ham will demand nearer £8m for the 26-year-old’s signature this month and Reid is becoming increasingly frustrated that he’s being priced out of a move to North London.
I do like Reid and think he’d be a useful alternative to Per and Kos but I’m not sure Arsene will pay that for a player he could pick up for nothing in a few months time.
I have a feeling this one could hot-up during the final week of the window, and I personally wouldn’t be surprised if a deal was agreed – especially if Reid is going to make life difficult for West Ham.