- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Arsenal Eye Move For €50m-Rated Argentinean International – Report
According to reports today, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is eyeing a move for Valencia centre-back Nicolas Otamendi.
Arsene is almost certain to bring in another central defender this month after admitting we lack depth at the back and a number of names have been linked.
Just hours after Villarreal’s Gabriel Paulista claimed that we’ve contacted his agent about a potential move, the Mirror are now reporting that we’ve added Otamendi to our list of targets.
The Argentinean international only joined Valencia last winter and spent the second half of last season back on loan at Atletico Mineiro, but he’s been a rock at the back for the Spaniard’s this season and I think he’d be a great addition – particularly as he can also play at right-back.
However, his purchase isn’t going to be easy as Manchester United are also reportedly on the case and Villarreal have confirmed today that they’ve knocked back a bid of €35m (£27m) from an unnamed club.
It’s thought that club is probably United, but Valencia have made it clear they won’t sell for a penny less than the 26-year-old’s €50m buy-out clause.
I highly doubt that Arsene would pay that kind money for a defender, so unfortunately it appears we’ll have to continue our search for a centre-back.