- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
Wenger Hoping To Replace Sanogo With Paraguay International – Report
According to reports today, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is looking to bring in out-of-favour Roma striker Antonio Sanabria before the end of the transfer window.
The 18-year-old came through the Barcelona youth ranks before eventually moving to Roma in the summer after a short spell at Sassuolo.
However, he’s struggled to make any impact in Serie A and has failed to make a single appearance for Rudi Garcia’s first team so far this season – with the youngster only featuring in the U19 Champions League youth fixtures.
We were linked with Sanabria before he joined Roma and it seems Arsene Wenger is ready to renew his interest as the Express are claiming today that the boss will try and lure him to the Emirates this month.
The newspaper suggests that the Paraguay international has been told he’s free to find a new club and he’s understood to be keen on coming to England, so we could pick him up on the cheap.
With Yaya Sanogo and Lukas Podolski both now out on loan, the Express state that Wenger wants to fill the void by bringing in Sanabria to offer back-up to the likes of Olivier Giroud and Danny Welbeck up front.
The boss insists publicly that he’s only looking to strengthen the defence, so it would be a surprise if we signed a striker this month, but you can never tell with Arsene as he does like to tell the press little white lies now and then.
Either way, Sanabria would be nothing more than a fringe player if he does sign this month, so nothing to get too excited about.