- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
Wenger Confirms Blow As Attacker Ruled Out For Another Two Weeks
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Danny Welbeck will be out for at least another two weeks with a thigh injury.
Welbeck hasn’t featured since injuring his thigh during our win over West Ham at Upton Park on Boxing Day.
It was initially only thought to be a minor problem that would take a week or so to heal.
However, the injury has caused more trouble than first anticipated and Arsene has now confirmed the striker will be out for a further two weeks.
It means Welbeck will now miss Sunday’s huge clash with Manchester City as well as next weekend’s FA Cup tie with Brighton & Hove Albion.
Hopefully the 23-year-old will then be available when we welcome Aston Villa to the Emirates on February 1st, otherwise he should be in contention to face Tottenham the following week.
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) January 16, 2015