- Arsenal transfer news: £25m bid submitted for international star
- [Photos] Arsenal’s double boost as duo train ahead of Liverpool
- It’s A Summer Of Rebuilding If Sanchez And Wenger Leave
- [Photos & Videos] Ozil, Welbz & more star as Arsenal boys go bowling
- Arsenal handed injury boost as key man returns ahead of Liverpool
- 49-year old confirms to friends he’s replacing Wenger as Arsenal boss
- 5 Arsenal fixtures rescheduled after being chosen for live TV
- Arsenal boost: Liverpool star ruled out of crucial showdown
- Respected journo: 27-goal hitman could join Arsenal in £50m deal
- Cazorla replacement? Arsenal linked with a move for French midfielder
Arsenal ‘Agree Deal’ To Sign £25m Midfielder – Reports
Some intriguing news floating about today with the Express reporting that Arsenal already have a deal in place to sign Morgan Schneiderlin from Southampton.
We’ve been strongly linked with Schneiderlin over the past two transfer windows and the majority of the British press are in agreement that Arsene Wenger is keen on bringing the £25m-rated midfielder to the Emirates.
However, could the boss already have got his man? Well, the Express are citing ‘The Secret Footballer‘ – the pseudonym of an alleged Premier League footballer – who claims that Arsenal have got a deal in place to sign the 25-year-old.
When asked if Arsenal were close to signing anyone, he said;
“My understanding is that they have an agreement already in place with Schneiderlin.”
‘The Secret Football’ is a well-known face on Twitter and to be fair, he’s got a few transfers right in the past, and word has it he’s former Reading striker Dave Kitson – but those claims are yet to be confirmed.
‘The Secret Football’ didn’t state whether this deal was for this month or in the summer, but Schneiderlin set tongues wagging when he pulled out of last night’s FA Cup clash with an apparent groin injury.
We’ll have to wait and see if anything comes of this and obviously so-called Twitter ‘sources’ aren’t to be considered as the most reliable, but I’d be one delighted Gooner if this turns out to be true.
I personally think we’d have to wait until the summer to sign him as Southampton are unlikely to sell when they’re sitting in the top three, but Schneiderlin would certainly be worth the wait.
@CescHaree My understanding is that they have an agreement already in place with Schneiderlin
— Secret Footballer (@TSF) January 12, 2015