- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
- Key duo fit to start in 4-2-3-1: My Arsenal XI vs Swansea
- Arsenal eye formal bid for Spanish international – reports
Arsenal ‘Agree Deal’ To Sign £25m Midfielder – Reports
Some intriguing news floating about today with the Express reporting that Arsenal already have a deal in place to sign Morgan Schneiderlin from Southampton.
We’ve been strongly linked with Schneiderlin over the past two transfer windows and the majority of the British press are in agreement that Arsene Wenger is keen on bringing the £25m-rated midfielder to the Emirates.
However, could the boss already have got his man? Well, the Express are citing ‘The Secret Footballer‘ – the pseudonym of an alleged Premier League footballer – who claims that Arsenal have got a deal in place to sign the 25-year-old.
When asked if Arsenal were close to signing anyone, he said;
“My understanding is that they have an agreement already in place with Schneiderlin.”
‘The Secret Football’ is a well-known face on Twitter and to be fair, he’s got a few transfers right in the past, and word has it he’s former Reading striker Dave Kitson – but those claims are yet to be confirmed.
‘The Secret Football’ didn’t state whether this deal was for this month or in the summer, but Schneiderlin set tongues wagging when he pulled out of last night’s FA Cup clash with an apparent groin injury.
We’ll have to wait and see if anything comes of this and obviously so-called Twitter ‘sources’ aren’t to be considered as the most reliable, but I’d be one delighted Gooner if this turns out to be true.
I personally think we’d have to wait until the summer to sign him as Southampton are unlikely to sell when they’re sitting in the top three, but Schneiderlin would certainly be worth the wait.
@CescHaree My understanding is that they have an agreement already in place with Schneiderlin
— Secret Footballer (@TSF) January 12, 2015