- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Stunt Driver Gives the Gunners a Scare
Arsenal are a team known for their indomitable French flair and so it’s to be expected that French advertising agencies and marketing departments might target the club to sell their wares. This is certainly the case with Citroen, who’ve recently launched a few net based ad campaigns using Arsenal’s star players.
The latest ‘Parking Challenge’ video commissioned by Citroen is a compelling watch for football fans. We know players like Cazorla, Ramsey and Welbeck have particularly personable qualities from seeing post-match interviews with the trio, so seeing them being duped into taking a ride with an undercover stunt driver makes intriguing viewing for any football fan.
The players believe that they’ll be driving alongside one of the Arsenal ladies football team – when actually they’re taking a drive with stunt driver Analese Ferrari, who’s deviously nominated by genuine Arsenal stars Jordan Nobbs and Alex Scott. The players gently taunt Analese before rocketing off into full stunt driving mode.
The advert is designed primarily to push the Citroen brand and the new Cactus in particular. The Cactus has a brilliantly functional park assist mechanism which automatically parks the car on request.
The Cactus is unlike other more elegant Citroens in its primitively functional design, and represents a real change of direction from the French company. The DS3 has also featured in two other notable campaigns.
The DS3 makes its debut as Mertesacker, Giroud and Szczesny give it a ‘Premier Car Wash’, then it steals the show in a different campaign as Ian Wright emerges from car at the summons of magician Drummond Money-Coutts.
Citroen have fully moved their brand into the 21st century and the tantalising pairing with Arsene Wenger’s Gunners really breathes life into these non-conventional ad campaigns.