- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
Arsenal Plotting £12m Bid For Italian International – Reports
According to reports today, Arsenal are eyeing a £12m bid for Italian international goalkeeper Mattia Perin.
Arsene Wenger is believed to be on the look-out for a new number one after finally losing patience with Wojciech Szczesny.
The Pole has been dropped for his inconsistent form and was also disciplined for having a smoke in the changing rooms after our loss at Southampton – a game in which Szczesny made two errors.
The likes of Petr Cech and Hugo Lloris has been linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks but the latest name supposedly on Arsene’s radar is Genoa’s Mattia Perin.
The Express claims the 22-year-old is now the bosses main target and club chiefs are plotting a £12m bid which could go in as early as this month.
Perin has been impressing for Genoa and has been dubbed in Italy as the ‘next Gigi Buffon’, with the youngster already playing for the national side as the Juve legends understudy.
However, I personally have my doubts over whether Arsene is actually in the market for a new goalkeeper just yet, as he’s shown a huge amount of faith in Szczesny in the past, while we’ve not been able to even give David Ospina a chance since his arrival in the summer due to a long-term thigh injury.
I think the boss will use the second half of the season to see if Ospina can push Szczesny to a new level before considering his goalkeeping options in the summer, at which point we may move for Perin if Arsene feels a new No.1 is needed.