- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
“Arsenal Have Made Enquries and Contacted My Agent”
Saint-Etienne defender Loic Perrin once again confirmed that Arsenal have made contact over a possible move and hinted he would find it difficult to reject a switch to the Emirates.
Arsene Wenger is expected to bring in another defender this month and Perrin has emerged as a realistic target in recent weeks with widespread reports claiming the boss has put him high on his list of priorities.
The 29-year-old was quoted last week as saying Arsenal had expressed an interest in signing him and now he’s once again told L’Equipe that we’ve made contact and held talks with his agent.
Perrin has been with Saint-Etienne his entire professional career but he went on to hint that he’ll find it difficult to turn Arsenal down if a deal can be agreed.
“I have always said that Saint-Etienne are my club and if I go, it would be to take the next step. When it comes to Arsenal, we are not just speaking about any club.” Perrin told L’Equipe
Perrin isn’t the ‘big’ name some Arsenal fans are hoping we sign but he’s an experienced pro who would offer us some real depth at centre-back.
He’s also eligible to play in the Champions League, which of course would be a big bonus, and he’d only cost around £5m-£6m, so we’d have plenty of funds left over to bring in a defensive midfielder.
We’ll have to see if Arsene pushes ahead with a deal or switches his focus to another target but I think Perrin could be a shrewd purchase.
Wenger denied we were ‘on the case’ last week, but we all know he likes to tell little white lies to the press, so I’d ignore him. If Perrin says we’ve been in contact, there is interest there.