- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
First Deal Close? Arsenal Hope To Tie-Up £25m Signing Soon
Some interesting transfer news to bring you with reports today claiming that Arsenal are hopeful of securing a £25m deal for Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho before the end of the month.
As well as a centre-back, Arsene Wenger is understood to be keen on bringing in another midfielder this month and Carvalho has long been touted as a potential target.
Speculation earlier this month suggested that we were closing in on a deal for the 22-year-old and now fresh reports in the Daily Mail and Daily Star claim that we’re hopeful of tying up a deal within the next two weeks.
We were understood to be in lengthy negotiations over Carvalho in the summer but a deal failed to materialise as Sporting demanded the full value of his £37m but-out clause.
However, the newspapers suggest that Arsene is confident he can land the midfielder for nearer £25m now that Sporting have been knocked out of the Champions League.
It’s difficult to know how much truth there is behind these reports but I’d be delighted if they were true and we could land Carvalho.
He’d be an excellent addition and add some real power to our midfield, while he’s also capable of playing at centre-back if required, so we could actually kill two birds with one stone.
A price-tag of £25m would still be a big outlay for him but it’s a risk worth taking as he’s still just 22 so will not only hold his value, but has the time to develop even further and become a real star at the Emirates.
Let’s see what happens with this one…..