- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
TEAM NEWS: Wenger Offers Latest On Ozil, Ramsey, Flamini & Welbeck
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Aaron Ramsey, Mesut Ozil and Mathieu Flamini are all fit and available but Danny Welbeck is still out with a thigh injury.
Speaking ahead of Sunday’s clash with Stoke, Arsene told Arsenal.com that Ramsey is now back in full training following a month out with a hamstring injury so should be back in contention this weekend.
The boss also revealed that Ozil is available for the first time since suffering a knee injury back in October but he hasn’t decided whether to start the German playmaker yet.
In what’s a triple boost, Flamini is also available again having missed the last two games with a groin problem but Welbeck is still missing due to a niggling thigh injury that he picked up against West Ham on Boxing Day.
Ramsey, Ozil and Flamini are joined back in the squad by Olivier Giroud with the French striker available again having served his three-match ban following his sending off against QPR.
Here’s Arsene’s update:
on the latest updates…
The team news is that Ramsey (hamstring) is back in training, Ozil (knee) is back in training and Flamini (groin) is back in training. We’ve got three players back. Welbeck (thigh) is still not available for Sunday because he is a bit short. Maybe next week he will be available. Giroud is back from suspension. So we have a bigger squad than last week.
on when Ozil could play…
He will have a training session on Friday with the squad. He will certainly be available for selection on Sunday. Will I start him or not? I haven’t decided yet.
It’s a huge boost to have Ramsey and Ozil back especially. We’ve missed them both badly and it will give us some real depth in midfield and attack.
It will be interesting to see if Flamini comes straight back in or if Francis Coquelin retains his place in midfield. I’d be tempted to stick with Le Coq as he’s performed extremely well recently and deserves to keep his place, but we’ll have to wait and see what Wenger does. It’s just nice that we have options again!