- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal ‘On Verge’ Of Sealing £31m Double Swoop – Report
The transfer rumour mill is now in full swing and it appears Arsenal could be close to doing their first bits of business as reports claim that we’re on the verge of completing a double swoop for Loic Perrin and William Carvalho.
Arsene Wenger is almost certain to bring in another defender this month and Perrin has emerged as the most likely candidate with widespread reports in recent days suggesting that we’re in talks with Saint-Etienne over a possible £6m deal.
Now, the Daily Star are claiming that a deal for the 29-year-old is almost complete and the Frenchman will come in to provide an experienced alternative to Per Mertesacker and Laurent Koscielny at the back.
In what would be an exciting double swoop, the newspaper also states that we’re close to agreeing a deal for Sporting Lisbon defensive midfielder William Carvalho.
The Portuguese international has been linked with a move to Arsenal in recent transfer windows but reports last month suggested that Arsene had renewed his interest after Lisbon were knocked out of the Champions League.
Sporting have always maintained they wanted the full value of Carvalho’s buy out clause – believed to be £37m – but it’s understood Arsenal are hopeful of sealing a deal closer to £25m now that they have failed to qualify for the knockout stages in Europe.
It remains to be seen how much truth there is behind the Daily Star’s report but I’d be one happy Gooner if we did manage to sign Carvalho and Perrin this month.
They would fill two problem areas for us and we’d finally have some real quality and depth at centre-back and in defensive midfield, so fingers crossed we can get these deals over the line….