- Preview: Sunderland v Arsenal, duo ruled out, Ox starts + prediction
- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
Confirmed: Arsenal Have Midfielder Bid Rejected, Talks Ongoing
Legia Warsaw have confirmed they have rejected a bid from Arsenal for midfielder Krystian Bielik but talks are still ongoing, according to Sky Sports News.
We’ve been strongly linked with a move for Bielik in recent weeks and speculation intensified after the 16-year-old visited the clubs training ground last month and was supposedly in the stands to watch us beat QPR on Boxing Day.
Bielik was recently quoted by the Polish media as saying that Arsene Wenger wants to sign him as soon as possible with the promise of him immediately training with the first team.
” [Arsene] Wenger said what he sees in me, then asked me about my strengths. It turns out that we had a similar opinion.”
“He [Wenger] said I would start the training with the first-team, under his guidance, and then it all depends on me. He knows that I have the skills, am determined to win and he wants to sign me as soon as possible to start working with me.
“I would train with the first-team and play in the junior teams- U18, U19 or U21- and Wenger says that if I am good enough to stay in the first-team, I will remain in it.”
It appears we’ve now opened formal talks with Legia Warsaw as the Polish club have confirmed to Sky Sports they have rejected an offer from Arsenal, believed to be €2m, but talks are still ongoing over a potential deal.
Sky Sports News reporter Bryan Swanson revealed on his Twitter account;
“Legia Warsaw say they have rejected an offer from Arsenal for Krystian Bielik. Talks ongoing”
You get the feeling that this move will happen if we want him enough. He won’t be the big-money signing we’re hoping for but he certainly sounds like he has an exciting future ahead of him.
Let’s hope that if we do bring Bielik to the club this month, then he’ll be followed by at least one more established name….
Legia Warsaw say they have rejected an offer from Arsenal for Krystian Bielik. Talks ongoing. #SSNHQ
— Bryan Swanson (@skysports_bryan) January 6, 2015
— Sky Sports News HQ (@SkySportsNewsHQ) January 6, 2015