- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
‘Arsenal Have Contacted Me, They Are Interested’
French defender Loic Perrin has revealed that Arsenal have made contact with him about a potential move to North London.
Arsene Wenger is expected to bring in another centre-back this month as our lack of depth at the back has been exposed in recent months with Monreal and Debuchy forced to play in the middle while Koscielny was out injured.
Several names have been linked with a move in recent weeks but Loic Perrin has emerged as a realistic target with several reports suggesting Arsene has the Saint-Etienne man on his radar.
It appears we’ve now stepped up our interest as the 29-year-old has now claimed that Arsenal have been in contact with him personally to express their interest in signing him. He said:
“I was contacted personally. Arsenal are interested, but for now, there is still no contact with Saint-Etienne.” source: Mirror
Perrin has been with Saint-Etienne his entire career but its understood he wants a new challenge, so this one could be a real possibility.
He’s mainly a central defender, but he can also play right-back and as a defensive midfielder, so he’d be able to fill a number of positions.
The Mirror claim that Perrin would be available for around £6m, which would leave us plenty of money left-over for another midfielder, while he’d give us some real experience behind Kos and Per at the back, so in a lot of ways this deal would make sense.
However, we’ll have to see if Arsene perseveres with this one or moves on to another target…