- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal Star Ready To “Return To The Field” After Injury Lay-Off
Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil has confirmed that he is keen to get back on the playing field after a frustrating three months on the sidelines.
Ozil has been forced to watch-on from the stands since suffering a knee ligament injury during our defeat to Chelsea back in early October.
However, he returned to full first team training this week and has now told reporters that he’s keen to get back on the pitch to help Arsenal ‘catch up’ in the Premier League.
He told German newspaper Bild:
“I worked hard, with Klaus Eder in Donaustauf and with Arsenal, and I want to finally return to the field. Watching [Arsenal whilst being] injured has been very bitter for me.
“I really want to help my teams to catch up. Arsenal and the national team.”
“In the Premier League anything can happen, a lot can also happen in the Champions League, and we [Germany] are still involved in the European Championship qualifiers, where we need to score.”
Ozil isn’t expected to be involved in our FA Cup third round clash with Hull City on Sunday but he has been pencilled in to return against Stoke City at the Emirates on January 11th.
It will be a major boost to have him back as despite being criticised by some for his performances since joining from Real Madrid, we’ve sorely missed Ozil’s creativity in the final third in recent months.