- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
TEAM: Welbeck Out: Arsenal’s Starting XI To Take On Southampton
Arsenal take on Southampton at St Mary’s Stadium on New Year’s Day, here is the side I’d like to see Arsene Wenger select for the game…..
The big question mark is over the fitness of Danny Welbeck with Arsene confirming at his press conference yesterday that the striker is a doubt after picking up a thigh injury against West Ham.
With Olivier Giroud suspended we’ll be short of options up front if Welbeck fails to prove his fitness but I wouldn’t take a chance with the former United man. There’s no sense in aggravating the problem so I’d start Sanchez through the middle and play Cazorla out on the left.
Tomas Rosicky is set for a recall after being rested at Upton Park and he deserves a start after his excellent display against QPR last week, so I’d play the Czech international just in front of Mathieu Flamini and Francis Coquelin.
The young Frenchman should keep his place after impressing against the Hammers and we have few options in midfield with Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere and Mikel Arteta ruled out.
At the back I’d make one change with Kieran Gibbs coming in for Monreal. This would mean we our first choice back four starting for the first time in months.
Mathieu Debuchy could do with a rest but I’d play him against Southampton before leaving him out against Hull in the FA Cup on Sunday.
So this is how I’d line-up:
What do you think? What side would you pick?