- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger Reveals Fresh Injury Doubt Ahead Of Southampton Game
Arsene Wenger has revealed that Danny Welbeck is a doubt to face Southampton after picking up a thigh problem during our 2-1 win at West Ham.
Welbeck scored what turned out to be the winning goal at Upton Park after converting Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s cross just before half time.
However, he was subbed off with five minutes to go and it seems he picked up a thigh injury as the boss has confirmed the striker is now a doubt for Thursday’s trip to St Mary’s.
Wenger revealed the news at his pre-match press conference this morning and if Danny is ruled out, it leaves us with a real problem up front as Olivier Giroud is suspended following his sending off against QPR.
The boss may opt to play Sanchez through the middle, or call on the likes of Yaya Sanogo or Lukas Podolski, but let’s hope Welbeck is passed fit as it would be a real blow to lose him for such an important game.
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) December 30, 2014