- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
RATINGS From Arsenal’s 2-1 Win Over West Ham
For the second game in succession, we were forced to hang on to secure a vital 2-1 win. Here are how I rated the players:
Szczesny - 8/10 – Excellent performance from the Pole. Came and claimed everything that came into his box. Could do little for the goal.
Debuchy - 6.5/10 – Was at fault for the Kouyate goal as he hardly even got himself off the ground. Looked like he was out on his feet towards the end.
Mertesacker - 7.5/10 – Made a crucial header to deny Carroll a certain goal early in the second half and did well to try and contain the awkward striker.
Koscielny - 7.5/10 – Great to see him back in the side and the Frenchman put in a resolute performance to keep West Ham at bay.
Monreal - 6.5/10 – Was beaten too easily a few times but was otherwise solid enough.
Flamini - 6.5/10 – Another busy display from Flamini but gave away some cheap fouls.
Coquelin - 7/10 – Made a rare start in the league and I was impressed. Covered lots of ground and dealt well against a tough West Ham side.
The Ox – 8/10 – Great play to set up Welbeck for the second goal and was unlucky not to score himself in the second half. A little selfish on one occasion though as he should have squared to Sanchez for a certain goal.
Cazorla - 7.5/10 – Beaten far too easily by O’Brien for the Kouyate goal but was a threat on the ball. Tucked away his penalty well.
Alexis - 8/10 – Unbelievably he didn’t get an assist or goal but was a key player for us once again. Worked tirelessly and was always a threat.
Welbeck - 8/10 – On hand to poke home the winner and nearly scored a worldy when he ran half the length of the pitch before firing just wide.
Gibbs (6), Chambers (NA)
So another vital win and we’re now level on points with Southampton and just two points off third-placed Man Utd.
The Saints are up next for what will no doubt be a difficult away game but another win and we’ll be heading into the New Year in fine form.