- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Walcott STARTS: Arsenal’s Starting Line-Up To Take On QPR
Arsenal kick off the festive period with a home clash against Queens Park Rangers on Boxing Day, this is the team I’d like to see Arsene go with…..
Ospina is back from injury but I’d stick with Szczesny in goal.
Arsene has admitted he’s over-played Chambers this season so I think it’s time he had a rest. Ideally, Debuchy would also get a breather but with Bellerin still injured, it’s not possible.
Monreal is back from injury so he should start alongside Per at the back. They complemented each-other pretty well when they played together last month.
It should only be for one game anyway as Koscielny could be back to face West Ham, so we should be able to cope with QPR at home…shouldn’t we?
Midfield has been a problem for weeks and this game is no different. Arsene has very few options to rotate as Wilshere, Arteta and Ramsey are all injured.
However, one player I think could be given a chance is Coquelin. I’m no fan of Flamini so I’d like the youngster to be given a chance at home to see how he does. Plus, it will give Flamini a rest as he’s played week-in, week-out recently.
The Ox didn’t look fit against Liverpool but hopefully he’s built his fitness up this week and I’d go with him alongside Cazorla again in midfield.
We looked pretty flat in attack at Anfield and I think it’s time Sanchez got a well-earned rest. We want to avoid burn-out and with games against West Ham and Southampton up next, this is the game we should rest the Chilean.
That should open the door for Podolski to make a rare start while I’d also bring Walcott in for Welbeck. Theo was on the bench last week and has got a few more days training under his belt, so I’d give him 60 minutes on Friday.
This would be my team:
We’d then be able to recall Chambers, Koscielny, Flamini, Welbeck and Sanchez for the Hammers game. It’s all about rotating wisely and using the squad during the busy festive period, and let’s be honest, QPR at home should be our easiest game on paper.
What do you think of my team? What side would you select?