- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
Agent Urges Wenger To Bid, Star Would ‘Consider’ Shock Arsenal Move
The agent of Petr Cech says Arsenal should bid for the Chelsea goalkeeper and he would consider a move to the Emirates.
After 10 years of keeping goal for Chelsea, Cech has been demoted to No.2 by Jose Mourinho this season after Thibaut Courtois returned from his loan spell at Atletico Madrid.
Mourinho persuaded the Czech international to stay this season and although his agent admits any move is unlikely in January, he’s confirmed the 32-year-old will be leaving Stamford Bridge next summer.
The agent, Viktor Kolar, also urged Arsenal to make a bid for Cech and claimed the keeper would consider a move to the Emirates, while he also sounded out Liverpool as a potential new home for the out-of-favour stopper:
“It’s unlikely Petr will leave Chelsea in the January transfer window. The club and coach want to keep him to help win the title. I think Arsenal should have made an offer to him. I think Petr would be considering it.
“Liverpool need to strengthen their position in goal and they know Petr will be available in the summer.
“We’ve been in contact with Real Madrid, but they don’t need a keeper just now.” Kolar told reporters.
Cech’s contract expires in 2016 so Chelsea will have little option but to cash-in at the end of the season and he’s going to be a fantastic signing for someone.
Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s a chance he’ll end up at Arsenal. Wenger has shown a lot of faith in Szczesny and we only just signed Ospina. Besides, Mourinho would never so business with us for a player of Cech’s quality.
Hopefully he ends up going abroad because he’d vastly strengthen Liverpool if he goes to Anfield.