- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Handed Major Double Injury Boost Ahead Of Liverpool Clash
We’ve been handed a major double injury boost with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Theo Walcott passed fit to face Liverpool this afternoon.
The Ox was a doubt with a groin injury that he aggravated during our win over Newcastle United last weekend after initially feeling the problem against Galatasaray four days earlier.
Walcott returned to training last week following a month on the sidelines with his own groin injury and Arsene Wenger said he’d be assessed on Saturday to see if he was fit enough to be in the squad for this afternoon’s game.
It appears we’ve received some rare positive injury news as the Mirror are one of several newspapers who’re reporting that both players passed their fitness tests and have made the trip to Anfield today.
Having the The Ox available was crucial as with Aaron Ramsey, Mesut Ozil, Jack Wilshere and Mikel Arteta already out, we have few options in midfield so the 21-year-old is expected to start alongside Santi Cazorla and Mathieu Flamini against Liverpool.
Theo will most likely be on the bench as he won’t be match-sharp just yet but he’ll be a very useful weapon to have in reserve if we need a goal in the second half.