- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
TEAM: No Walcott: Arsenal’s Starting Line-Up To Face Liverpool
We face a tough trip to Anfield to take on Liverpool on Sunday afternoon. This is the starting eleven I think Arsene Wenger should select….
Wojciech Szczesny has come straight back in for Emi Martinez in goal after recovering from injury and although the youngster did well, I think it’s the correct call.
Nacho Monreal has a chance of returning to the squad but the only change I’d make at the back is to bring Calum Chambers in after he served his one-match ban last weekend.
Hector Bellerin will be unlucky to drop out but with Koscielny still injured, Chambers should start alongside Per in the middle with Debuchy moving to his more familiar right-back slot.
The big question mark is whether Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be passed fit after aggravating a groin injury against Newcastle. The signs are he’ll be available so he should start with Flamini in midfield as Ramsey, Wilshere and Arteta are all injured.
Santi Cazorla has played well in a central role of late so should continue there while I’d stick with the attacking trio of Welbeck, Giroud and Sanchez – who were all excellent last time out.
Theo Walcott is possibly back in the squad but won’t be fit enough to start, so hopefully he’ll be a very useful option off the bench.
This is how I’d like to see us line-up:
With all the injuries we’ve got, Arsene really has very little option than to go with this line-up. Podolski won’t get a start ahead of Welbeck or Sanchez, and the only other senior players who we have available are Sanogo and Campbell – and again neither of these deserve to start.
If The Ox is ruled out, the only option Arsene has is to start Francis Coquelin in midfield after his loan at Charlton was cancelled last week, but let’s hope it wont come to that!