- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal Handed HUGE Injury Boost With Key Man Fit To Face Liverpool
Finally some positive injury news for Arsenal as Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is ‘almost certain’ to be passed fit to take on Liverpool this weekend.
The Ox has been a doubt for the game after aggravating a groin injury during our win over Newcastle at the weekend having initially felt the problem against Galatasaray four days earlier.
The 21-year-old was given an injection to reduce the inflammation and, like the majority of the first team squad, was given Monday and Tuesday off to rest.
The players returned to training yesterday where Oxlade-Chamberlain’s groin injury was assessed and it must have eased-off as the Telegraph claim it’s ‘almost certain’ he will now be passed fit to face Liverpool on Sunday.
Arsene Wenger and his medical team will keep a close eye on him over the next two days but unless he suffers some sort of set-back, it looks like Oxlade-Chamberlain will make the trip to Anfield.
This is a huge relief as we’re already without Mikel Arteta, Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey so if The Ox was also ruled out, I have no idea what the boss would have done in central midfield.
Chamberlain has been superb in the last two games alongside Mathieu Flamini so he’ll continue in the middle against Liverpool this weekend, unless his groin flares up again.