- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal Invincible Offered Coaching Role By Arsene Wenger
Arsene Wenger has offered Gilberto Silva the chance to come back to Arsenal and continue to aid his coaching ambitions.
Gilberto was a key player in our 2003/04 Invincible side and was undoubtedly one of the unsung hero’s during his six-year spell at the club.
Now 38, the Brazilian is at a loose end after leaving Atletico Mineiro and it seems he’s now considering a move into coaching, and a possible return to North London could be on the cards.
He told Globo Esporte he has an offer from Arsenal to be a coach but is yet to make a decision over his next career move.
“Anything is possible,” he said. “It makes me happy when you have these offers [from Arsenal], people see you have different ideas, you can contribute and it makes you happy and motivated.
“And it makes me want to learn from others, develop my knowledge and also develop my own style.”
I’d LOVE to see Gilberto come back to the club as he was a true professional and would be able to pass on his vast experience to the current squad.
However, despite currently being out with an injury, Gilberto hasn’t given up all hope of returning as a player. He continued:
“Anything is possible, I have not received any invitation here in Santa Catarina, I’ve had some offers to play again, but nothing here,” he said.
“The issue of rehabilitation is in the final stretch, but I’m open (to holding) a good conversation where everything can be solved.”
We’ll have to wait and see what Gilberto decides but let’s hope he comes back as it can only be a positive to have an Invincible around the place.
Although, ideally we’d have a ‘proper’ defensive midfielder in the squad for Gilberto to work with!