- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
Transfer News: €50m Super-Star Linked With Shock Arsenal Move
Some intriguing transfer news doing the rounds today with reports claiming that Arsenal are keen on signing €50m-rated Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba.
The 21-year-old is now considered as one of the best all-round midfielders in the world after joining Juventus on a free transfer from Man Utd in 2012.
He’s been constantly linked with a move back to England in recent transfer windows with Chelsea and Manchester City understood to be keen on signing him.
However, the Express suggest that Arsenal have now thrown their hat into the ring and are prepared to go head-to-head with our domestic rivals over the French internationals signature next summer.
Pogba signed a new long-term contract in the summer but that hasn’t stopped speculation linking him with a move away and Juve are believed to be willing to cash-in if €50m is put on the table.
Ordinarily, that kind of fee would put Arsenal off but we’ve shown with the signings of Sanchez and Ozil that we can compete for players in that kind of price bracket.
Plus, Arsene Wenger is a HUGE fan of Pogba and I think he really would be prepared to push the boat out if the midfielder wanted a move.
The problem we’ve got is trying to compete with City and Chelsea, while the likes of PSG and Madrid would no doubt also be interested. That lot would probably blow us out the water in terms of wages.
Obviously Pogba would be a dream signing. He has everything you want in a modern-day footballer and I’d give my left nut to see him join Arsenal, but sadly I have a feeling we’ll see him end up at one of the financial super-powers.