- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
VIDEO: Disgraceful Arsenal ‘Fans’ Abuse Wenger To His Face At Train Station
A video has emerged online showing so-called Arsenal fans verbally abusing Arsene Wenger as he and the squad boarded a train back to North London after our loss to Stoke on Saturday.
In the short clip which was uploaded to Youtube earlier, a minority can be heard telling Joel Campbell to ‘leave now. Get out while you can’, but the really despicable stuff comes when Arsene walks out shortly after as the ‘fans’ loudly boo and hurl abuse in the face of our long-serving manager.
Now I’m not Wenger biggest advocate these days and do feel it’s time for a change in management at the end of the season, but these ‘fans’ should be ashamed of themselves.
To abuse a 65 year old man in this way is bad enough, but to do it to a manager who’s done so much for Arsenal is a total disgrace.
Arsene has given the best years of his career to this club, turned down countless (more lucrative!) job opportunities to manage the likes of Real Madrid, PSG and England, has overseen the transition from Highbury to the Emirates, secured Champions League football for 15 consecutive seasons on a shoe-string budget, and has won 2 doubles, 5 FA Cups and went an entire season unbeaten…. all while playing attractive attacking football, and this is how some fans feel he should be treated?
Thankfully it was a small minority and the vast majority of Arsenal fans have been condemned their actions – even those who are hardcore #WengerOut have admitted the abuse was over the top.
Watch the video for yourself here, I’ve also included the Vine incase you can’t view Youtube videos or the video gets removed: