- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
RATINGS Chambers 3, Giroud 4: Arsenal Player Ratings From Stoke Loss
Once again, we totally froze away at Stoke, failed to deal with the hostile atmosphere or their physical presence and come away off the back of a disappointing 3-2 defeat.
This is how I’d rate the players performances:
Martinez – 5/10 - Made one stunning save but was offered little protection from his defence.
Bellerin - 4/10 - Lost his footing to gift Crouch an early goal. Looked well out his depth. Subbed at half time.
Chambers - 3/10 - Failed to deal with the early cross for the first goal and was poor throughout the game before being sent off for a stupid second yellow.
Mertesacker - 4/10 - Woeful defending for the second goal. Just doesn’t look the same player without Kos next to him.
Gibbs - 5/10 - The opening two goals both came from his side. Offered little going forward. Awful crosses.
Flamini - 4/10 - Offered zero protection for the defence and was bullied by the Stoke midfield for long periods.
Ramsey - 5/10 - Woeful in the first half but improved after the break when he scored a lovely goal.
The Ox - 5/10 - At least he had a go at running at the Stoke defence on the odd occasion. Didn’t always work out too well though.
Alexis - 5/10 - Survived his first trip to the Britannia, just, after being put in a choke hold by Adam. Hit the post when he really should have scored.
Cazorla - 5/10 - Tucked away his penalty well but wasn’t a threat in the final third at all otherwise.
Giroud - 4/10 - Wasn’t he supposed to cope with the Stoke bully-boys? He failed. And he missed a glorious chance to make it 1-1. If that goes in, I think we go on to win the game.
Welbeck – 5/10 – Forced a decent save from Begovic but did little else.
Podolski – 4/10 - Did he touch the ball?
Campbell – N/A – On for two minutes. Why not earlier Arsene?
Were my ratings harsh? What were your marks for the players?