- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
RATINGS: Sanchez Gets The Goal But Giroud Was Arsenal’s Match Winner
It wasn’t a vintage Arsenal display but we did just enough to secure a vital 1-0 win over Southampton at the Emirates on Wednesday night thanks to a late winner from Alexis Sanchez. Here are my ratings:
Martinez - 7/10 – Had very little to do in terms of shot-stopping but all other aspects of his game were superb. Looks confident and deserves to keep his place.
Chambers - 7/10 – Kept Tadic quiet and did his bit to support the attack. Put in some decent crosses.
Mertesacker - 7/10 – Solid display. Looks SO much more comfortable with Kos next to him.
Koscielny - 7.5/10 – He makes a real difference. Calms the defence and led us to our third clean sheet in a row.
Monreal - 6.5/10 – Steady performance. Didn’t really put a foot wrong.
Flamini - 7/10 – A couple of stray passes but he covered a lot of ground and put some important tackles in.
Ramsey - 6.5/10 – So low on confidence right now. Shooting was poor again and some of his passing was terrible. But he did still work hard and grabbed a vital assist at the end.
Cazorla - 6.5/10 – Not as influential in the final third as he’s been recently. Didn’t have his shooting boots on either, not for the first time this season!
The Ox – 6/10 – Worked hard but things just didn’t come off for him. Didn’t look 100% fit to me.
Alexis - 7/10 – Another who had a frustrating night for large periods but popped up with the winner. The mark of a world class player.
Welbeck - 6.5/10 – Went close with a first half header before testing Forster in the second period.
Giroud – 8/10 – Made a huge impact when he came on. Went close on three occasions and played a key role in the winning goal.
Podolski – 7/10 – Looked hungry and positive in his 10 minute cameo.
We were below par for much of the night but came away with three points, which is all that really matters. A third clean sheet in a row as well, so a positive game overall. On to Stoke on Saturday…..
What were your ratings from the game?